Friday, September 12, 2008

Old Friends at the door


Tonight I had quite a nice surprise. My friend Vanessa who used to live here came by the house unexpectedly. I haven't seen her in about a year or so. The last time she was here for a visit Spencer was a little shorter than her older daughter and as you can see, he is now taller. She is in shoes by the way that make her about an inch taller. We were both amazed at how the kids had changed. All had gotten taller, and she said Jordan has lost her baby look, and now looks like a little girl, she kept going on about the change in her. I thought her youngest Mercedes, was Emily the oldest when they first walked in.
Vanessa's husband Jim is in the National Guard and is over in Iraq right now. Luckily his job keeps him in a pretty boring place, and he see's no fighting. He deployed in January and should be back home in December or January again. Good luck, we'll keep you in our prayers.
It was just like old times, like they had never moved away. She and I sat and talked about everything under the sun, and the kid's immediately went out to the play room and got down to business. Some things never change. I wish we could see each other more often, I really miss Vanessa and her girl's, and I think my kid's really miss her kid's.
Come on by anytime you are in the area.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: