Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fused Glass Ornaments















Dying to do something creative, I decided to take a class on fusing glass. I can make something for my BFF Samantha for c-mas that is different, and unique. Shhhh, don't tell her though.
Plus I can go back and do something for me too, how great is that!
I talked my Sister-in-law Gigi into going with me, because she is ultra creative, and let's face it, who wants to go to a class alone. So the first stop was at Sonic to get Strawberry real fruit slushies. YUM!!! And then on to class. As it turns out, we were the only two in the entire class. Cool, more personal attention for us!
First we made Christmas tree's, and it is surprisingly easy to do. The red garland is like spaghetti, and I was able to melt it in a candle flame enough to bend it. Playing with fire is cool. The method used for these two ornaments is called tack fusing. Next we made snowflakes. We ran out of time and did not get our pinwheel's done though.
Next I think I will do some complete fusing for my BFF. Wish me luck! I had so much fun.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: