Thursday, October 2, 2008

Blue Birds, a feast for the eyes

I was opening the blinds in the kids playroom this morning and got a wonderful surprise. I blue bird flew over to our nectarine tree. Then I noticed that there were lots of blue birds in our back yard. Now to some that may be a "big deal" kind of moment, but to me it was wonderful. I have only seen one other blue bird in my entire life, and that was over in Nauvoo, IL just across the river from IA, and I think that was about 10-12 years ago. We have lots of blue jays here and I am used to them, but the blue bird is a much calmer, nicer bird than the jay and it was quite a treat. Maybe they were migrating, I don't know but I just can't get over the rich blue hue and the rust chest on these things. It really showed when they were in flight. Thank you God for the inspiring sight.

No comments: