Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Named My Blog This Why?.............

Ok, for those of you who are wondering just what the heck I meant by
"The Dread Family Roberts", I will enlighten you. It comes from the movie The Princess Bride, which is a personal and family favorite. In the movie, the pirate that everyone knows by reputation and name is known as the Dread Pirate Roberts. Just the name alone is enough to instill terror into those he is plundering. At one point in the movie a character, not the real pirate, says he is "The Dwead Piwate Woberts" to do just that. Anyway, we love the movie and since our last name is also Roberts, it is kind of a private family joke which you are now in on. If you have not seen this movie I highly suggest you rent it, it is good for all ages. It started as a book, which I have read, and love even more
than the movie.

No comments: