Friday, February 25, 2011

More Bathroom Redecorating

I had so much fun showing you the kids new bathroom that I thought I'd show you how the downstairs bathroom turned out. It is two tones of terra cotta, and I just love the giant sun. Up close you can see filigree work in the metal. I took a big risk getting something that big for the wall, but I think it turned out great and it kind of makes the whole room. Too bad Jordan was so scared of the darned thing for so long, she wouldn't use the room unless I stood with her or outside the door.
You can also see the filigree work around the picture and on the vase. I am so into terre cotta right now, what can I say, I have been for quite some time now.

The towels are gold like the curtains that are not pictured here, and oh yeah, that towel bar has to go! Along with the vanity, mirror and faucet. We will be getting a bronzed ones.
I love these switch plate covers! Aren't they the bomb!! I think I got them on Amazon or some such place. Totally cool, right along with my new light. Funny thing is, my husband hates terra cotta and yellow. Too bad he didn't do the painting!...............