Monday, January 17, 2011

Germany, October 2010



Back in the summer, we found out that my hubby had been invited to an installer training meeting in Germany, and better yet, wives were also invited!
He was also invited and went 10 years ago, but I was not able to go, so this time there was going to be nothing that would keep me home.
Passport, clothes all was in order and off we flew full of excitement to visit a foreign country.

New York City, the last of the land we saw before the big ocean.













Landing safely, we got our rental car, an Opal.
Cars over there are so small and cute!






We then traveled to a small town north of Frankfurt where we flew into, and went to the temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I don't remember the name of the town, but it was small, quaint and beautiful.





A wonderful blend of old and modern.

Being hungry, we found a little bakery that was open. The aroma was a thrill for the senses, and the taste was even more so. I knew right then that I was going to like this country very much.










Moroni atop the temple.





They have a nice little hostel where members can come and stay overnight.

I love all the cobblestone.



Here we are in front of the temple. It was a little cold and foggy, but we enjoyed ourselves immensely.











Very tired after flying all night without much sleep, but excited to start the rest of our trip.









The road trip to Osnabruck.










The German countryside is just beautiful. I immediately fell in love.








An old car on the autobahn.

Remember, we had just gotten there, so I was amazed by everything.





Side view of the car, and the driver. I'm sure he was wondering why on earth I was taking a picture of him.

Did I mention it is kinda hard to get a good picture going 150 on the autobahn?




McDonalds was even cool. A double decker restaurant, it was really nice. I came to realize that they overdo the Mc"this" and the Mc"that" over there a bit. As you can see by the drive through.


1 comment:

Holloway Family said...

And to think I live just one country over in Belgium! Europe is a wonderful place, the sights, sounds, and smells are a treat to the senses!