Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Day at the Speedway

I had the coolest parents on earth growing up. Dad and Mom would take us out of school for the day and head down to the track. For those who are non-Hoosiers, that means the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Dad knew someone who raced cars so we would get passes into pit row and the garages. It was so great to see the cars and drivers up close and personal.

This year, Lee and Spencer went down with my Dad, brother and his son Logan. Of course we had to take Spencer out of school, but hey, that will give all the other kids a chance to catch up. They had a great time. Spencer loved watching the cars practice and all the activities. He was all smiles as he brought his coloring book and crayons home to show me.









Spencer and Logan in front of the fountain.


The McDonalds car. Pretty good picture for a car going 200 mph taken by a 6 year old.

1 comment:

Jennifer Wright said...

Are you busy Thursday morning? (May 14) Gail has to work that day. I'll try to give you a call tomorrow, but will be traveling so I don't know how much I'll be able to have my cell phone on. My number is 206-883-5478 if you want to try me. If that doesn't work, we can try for another time.