Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Lee!

Last Thursday was my dear sweet husband's birthday. Unfortunately, he was up in Chicago working all day long. So Sunday we had a part surprise birthday party for him. I say part, because he knew I was having a party with the family invited, but he did not know I also invited everyone else from church.
I made "horse duvers".....stuffed mushrooms, spinach dip in a sour dough bowl, pretzels, queso and chips. And for the sweet tooth, two kinds of cupcakes, cherry pie, and chocolate pie. One dear lady from church made Lee an apple pie knowing it is his favorite.
We sang Happy Birthday over cupcakes with sparkler candles in them which re-lit themselves. What an extra surprise. Lee was so happy and had a wonderful time. And as you can see, the "force" was with us. We just had so much fun. Happy birthday honey, I sure do love you.

No comments: