Saturday, November 7, 2009

My aunt Jackie, whom I haven't seen for 15-20 years came for a visit to her old stomping grounds. I always loved Jackie and really wanted to see her, so last Saturday we packed up the kids and trekked down 52 to the local Dairy Queen for a short visit. It was so nice to see her and the pictures of my cousin's that I also haven't seen for years. I can't believe that one of my cousin's is a grandfather! Boy, time does fly.

After our visit and an ice cream cone, we went to 310 E. Main St. The house where my Mom was born there in Thorntown. Someone was there and let us in to look around. I was surprised at how much the house had shrunk since I was a little kid. It is just amazing how that happens.

It was really nice to be able to see Jackie and visit with her. She still has the bright blue eyes that I remember. I wish we had had more time, and I hope we can get together again soon.

No comments: